Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If I Were A Print Girl/Studio 54 Anyone?

If I were a print girl...la la la la la la la

I really wish I loved prints more. I enjoy a multitude of them on other people (like my nomination for diva of the year the Glamourai) but can't seem to escape my love of "dressing with the color wheel" as my sister calls it. Which means its not matchy, but it just goes. But I can never seem to do it with prints. I guess tomorrow isn't a good day to try since I have a meeting at work and people always look at you crazy in the South when you are *ahem* inappropriate. But I do love these palazzo pants with passion though they are printed:


I want a pair of great white pants for the summer. Something I can build around and make some crazy ish. This is one of the joys of summer for me. No work (school closes!!) and I get to run around in whatever craziness I can think up.

Summer is also a time to par-tay and my dance skills are superior. Evidence:


This is me and my bff Sommer. She is a talented singer/songwriter and the aforementioned evidence is the sweat boo. Yes, we come to WORK.


This is last summer at House in the Park. That's my other BFF Ashley smiling in the front and if you look real close you can see my favorite vintage Karl Lagerfeld belt before it met its demise. You know it is summer when my flower is in my hair in every photo (an homage to Billie and my mama, call me corny if you want)Once again though sweat=work on the dance floor. Which brings me to the second point of this meandering post.

Brandon on "So You Think You Can Dance"? Exemplifies WORK in all its classic campy and yummy connotations. His partner Janette is no sleeper either and their disco routine last week made me point my finger and yell at my tv. I really think Brandon may have been conceived in Studio 54 with the way he led his partner and still managed to steal the show. The costumes were horrid, but the moves...I wish Brandon was my partner on somebody's dance floor. He would work me out and I would take it like a champ.



Also, that song they are dancing to? Classic disco by Brainstorm circa 1977, "Loving Is Really My Game". 7 minutes and 32 seconds of unadulterated dance fever. How do I love the the first few lyrics:
"I can't catch no man
Hangin' out at a discotheque
But I believe in the boogie
Oh, but the boogie don't believe in me"
Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment